Peanut Butter Protein Treats
So these bad boys can be used as a snack or post workout meal. The goodness of peanut butter and chocolate in a bite-sized snack.
▪ ½ cup (125 mL) of cocoa powder
▪ ¼ cup (75 mL) of chocolate whey protein powder
▪ ¼ cup (75 mL) coconut flour
▪ ¼ cup (75 mL) organic quinoa flour
▪ 1tsp of baking soda
▪ 1tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
▪ 3 large cooked beets, mashed
▪ ½ cup (125 mL) liquid egg whites
▪ ½ cup (125 mL) of milk
▪ Peanut or other nut butter
▪ Unsweetened shredded coconut
1 delicious square
☆40-50 minutes (15 min preparation time + 25-35 min cooking time)
☆Preheat oven to 320F (160C).
☆Blend all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
☆In a smaller bowl, blend all moist ingredients (i.e. beets, egg whites, milk).
☆Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
☆Pour into greased baking dish.
☆Bake for 25-35 minutes at 320 F (160C), or until the cake cooks through. (Keep an eye on it – don’t let it overcook because then it’ll get super dry and rubbery.)
Spread a little peanut or nut butter on top or sprinkle unsweetened shredded coconut!